Put on a puppet show!!!
Get some paper bags or some socks, sticky eyes, glue and each of you make your puppet.
Song: When we’re helping
Help children to memorize or repeat the scripture after you.
Read this story from the friend or watch this video called “the Coat”
Briefly discuss how service was provided and how when we serve others we are serving god.
We started the activity by getting brown paper sacks and drawing our puppets on them. They were nothing special just quick and easy and something our little guy could help with. We just did markers but you could get the googly eyes and pipe cleaners to really make your puppets stand out.:)
Act out with your puppets different service scenarios:
- Jane dropped her books in the hallway at school. Joey helped her pick them up.
- Olivia is sad in nursery because she can’t find her toy. Luca helps her find it.
- Grandma can’t take care of her lawn and garden. Lisa and Tommy help her weed and mow the lawn.
- Stephanie has been feeling lonely. Ben and Kasey make her cookies to cheer her up.
- Mom is tired from cleaning all day. Mikey helps her by cleaning up his toys.
- Come up with your own service activites.
- Being emotionally available to those that are struggling.
- Seeking to know what problems and concerns others have.
- Being genuinely interested in others.
- Helping out at ward activities and in callings.
- Reaching out to others and making new friends.
- Bearing testimony in church or with friends.
- Sharing the gospel with others
End with Prayer