We should teach our children starting at a young age. In the family is the ideal place to teach our children. I believe we should make a great effort to help our children learn and grow in the gospel. However it is pretty interesting as a new parent trying to get creative and think of ways to include and help educate your toddler during scripture study. How do we keep their attention and teach them the gospel…specifically the scripture stories. Here are a couple of ideas:
Use your resources:
- LDS Free Clipart: This has a lot of scripture pictures and coloring pages.
- Living Scriptures free downloads: Wow, when I discovered this I was so excited. Living Scripture offers free downloads that you can print from home and use as coloring books. Choose the scripture story that you want to teach and let your child go through their animated pictures.
- The Friend: The friend scripture site has cute animated videos of scripture stories. Also so great. They also have audio stories of Jesus Christ.
- The Mormon Channel Audio Scripture Stories: This is a weekly broadcast that features songs, children testifying, and audio scripture stories.
- Head Start with the Book of Mormon: This is a great resource if you want to kill two birds with one stone. It helps you teach your child to read using the book of mormon.
- Book of Mormon Discovery: This is an LDS workbook. Although not specifically designed for toddlers it can be used as a supplement to teach children the gospel.
- Picture Pages: Over 14 years this mom wrote over 2,000 narrations for her kids to color. You can print these pages out and let them color them.
- Living Scripture Streaming: Living scripture now offers streaming. This has been a great supplement on busy days to let my kids watch some book of mormon stories. Use the code above to get 50% off your first month.