A well balanced diet is not only important for your health as an expecting mother but for the growing baby inside of you as well. Your diet is the best place to get all the vitamins and minerals that you need. It is important to eat well for your baby.
Every day of the week you and your baby should have:
- One quart (4 glasses) or more of milk. any kind will do: whole milk, low fat, skim, buttermilk, or cheese, yoguret, ice cream, ect..
- Two eggs, 9hard boiled, in french toast, or added to other foods).
- One or two servings of fish or seafood, liver, chicken, lean beef, lamb, pork, beans, or any kinds of cheese.
- One or two good servings of fresh reen leafy vegetables: mustard, collard, turnip greens, spinach, lettuce, or cabbage.
- Two or three slices of whole wheat bread, cornmeal, cornbread, or tortillas.
- a piece of cirus fruit or glass of juice of lemon, lime, orange, tomato, or grapefruit.
- Three pats of butter
- Other fruits and vegetables.
Also include in your diet:
- a serving f whole grain cereal such as oatmeal or granola.
- a yellow or orange-colored fruit or vegetable five times a week.
- Liver one a week. ( if you like it)
- Whole baked potato three times a week
- Plenty of lfluids, water, juice etc
- Salf food to taste for a safe increase in blood volume.
You may substitute proteins if you wish, being sure your proteins are complete, and that you get approximately 100 grams per day, If you substitute, also be sure all the elements necessary for a well balanced diet are available every day.